These bars are perfect for chocolate fans! Make your own sweets for your loved ones with the best dark chocolate.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp cardamon
- ⅛ black pepper
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 14 oz can condensed milk
- 2 cups Hacienda San Jose 70% dark chocolate, chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease or cover a square baking pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cardamon and black pepper.
- Add the butter and mix well until mixture has a sandy texture
- Press half of the dough onto prepared pan. Safe the other half for later
- Bake for 12 minutes. Set aside
- In a small pot, combine condensed milk and chocolate until smooth. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour chocolate mixture over pre-baked dough. Layer reserved dough on top of chocolate. This should be crumbly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Cut into small squares and serve!