- 1/2 liter of whole milk
- 100 grams of Chocolate San Jose (70%)
- 1 or 2 cinnamon barks
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
1, Warm the milk in a pan over medium to high heat.
2. Continue to heat until the mixture is hot, but not boiling, add the cinnamon, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Lower the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes to permit the cinnamon to diffuse its flavor.
3. Turn off the heat, discard the cinnamon.
4. Stir the chocolate Hacidena San Jose (pieces) over low hear, continue to stir, gently until the chocolate seems nice and silky.
5. From here is up to you to leave the heat on or off. The more time you whisk the chocolate the more sticky will be your French hot chocolate.
6. Taste, adjust if necessary (2 tbs. of sugar) and serve.