Leave the gluten without expending the delicious taste of a fresh ooey gooey chocolate chunk cookie.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of rice flour (may substitute for all purpose flour if not making gluten free)
- 1 tsp corn starch
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup Hacienda San Jose 70% or 80% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ cup walnuts, almonds or pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and two sugars for about 2 minutes, until light and fluffy
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix well
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, corn starch, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Slowly add butter mixture to dry ingredients, mixing at lowest speed until just combined. Do not over mix
- Fold in chocolate chunks and optional nuts
- Drop the dough onto a lined baking sheet using a 1 3/4 diameter ice cream scoop or a rounded tablespoon
- Bake for 15 minutes, until edges are browned. Cookies will seem underdone.
- Remove from oven, let cool in baking pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Enjoy warm!