Vitamin rich, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, refined sugar-free! Recipe from sweets_you_can_eat on Instagram!
1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Hacienda San Jose dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Large crystal salt
*Makes 18 truffles*
1. Using a handheld or upright blender pulse together FIRST 4 ingredients for about 2 minutes until well blended into a wet dough-like consistency.
2. Scoop wet dough into a bowl and add dry ingredients: oat flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and salt. Stir to combine into a chunky batter.
3. Using a small, 1-inch (2,5 cm) ice cream scooper, scoop balls of dough and roll each into round truffles onto a nonstick tray. Freeze until firm (about 20 minutes).
4. Once balls are frozen, melt chocolate chips in microwave with coconut oil, heating in 30 second increments, stirring gently at every 30 seconds until fully melted.
5. Dip each truffle individually in the chocolate and place back onto the tray. Sprinkle with large crystal salt. Let chocolate harden quickly on frozen truffles. Store in freezer in an airtight container up to two months. Enjoy at cool room temperature.