Vegan, low-glycemic, heart healthy, high fiber! Recipe from sweets_you_can_eat on Instagram!
- 14 pitted, whole Madjool dates
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup candied ginger
- 1/4 cup green pistachios
- 1/4 cup red goji berries
- 1 cup Hacienda San Jose dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tablespoon refined coconut oil
- Large crystal salt
*Makes 14 date candies*
1. Cut a slit into each date to remove pits. Open each one up halfway to preserve the date-pouch. Spoon into the bottom 1/2 teaspoon of almond butter.
2. Stick into almond butter your choice of nuts and dried fruit: small slices of candied ginger, pistachios and goji berries until the date is stuffed. Pinch sides closed so each pouch contains the treats inside, peeking out the top. Place dates on a platter lined with parchment and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
3. Dipping. Combine chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute at a time. Remove, stir to combine into a glossy, smooth chocolate coating.
4. Remove dates from freezer. Using a toothpick, dip each date halfway into melted chocolate. Place chocolate covered date back onto parchment paper. Sprinkle large crystal salt on top of each date. Place the dates in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set. Enjoy at room temperature.